Poop, Crap – have I gotten your attention, I hope so!
This article is from Menshealth.com
This is very important to read. Our daily allotment of fiber is hard to get unless we concentrate on it. – jug
30 Tricks to Make Fiber Taste Better
If a rabbit doesn’t eat enough high-fiber foods, its teeth may grow uncontrollably, piercing the roof of its mouth and knifing the base of its brain.
Your brain is safe, but we’re not so sure about the rest of your body. Forgo the fiber and you extend an open invitation to several different cancers. You also raise your risk of diabetes and heart disease by up to 20 and 40 percent, respectively.
And in the fate-worse-than-death category, you increase the odds that you’ll end up fat and impotent. So while you may not die like a bunny rabbit, you won’t be doing it like one, either.
Notice, we haven’t even mentioned the c-word (constipation).
But even if you have the will to eat more fiber, you almost certainly don’t have the way. Especially since the recommended daily dosage was recently raised from 25 to a throat-choking 38 grams.
The obvious solution—eating 19 slices of whole-wheat bread a day—isn’t practical. What you need instead is subterfuge. Dietary deception. In other words, this plan for smuggling more roughage into your life.
In the Afternoon
16. Pop a pack of light popcorn instead of popping open a bag of potato chips. There’s 8 g fiber in every bag of popcorn.
17. Drink bottled chocolate milk, not white. The combination of the chocolate and the compounds needed to keep it suspended in the milk provides 3 g fiber in every 16 ounces.
18. Say nuts to candy bars. Bars with almonds—like Almond Joy and Alpine white chocolate with almonds—have almost twice the fiber content of bars without.
19. Don’t tell yourself you could have had a low-sodium V8. Have one. Unsalted V8 has 2 g fiber. The V8 that comes spiked with salt has half that amount.
20. Graze on trail mix instead of a granola bar. Most granola bars have only 1 g fiber, while trail mix with dried fruit has nearly 3.