It is hard for us to have a Mexican meal with out having Pico de gallo with it. This is a great recipe that can be altered to suit your taste – jug
- Prep Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 whole white or sweet onion diced
- 1 whole Tomato diced to match onion
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Serrano or jalapeno Chile pepper
- 1 juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 t Kosher or sea salt
- Chop onion into small pieces and put in bowl.
- Chop tomato, add to bowl.
- Chop cilantro into fine pieces. Optional but you are crazy not to
- Squeeze lime juice into the bowl.
- Chop up the chile serrano pepper into fine bits, then add to the bowl.
- Finely Chop serrano pepper, add to bowl.
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt to bowl.
- Now mix the entire pico di gallo salsa thoroughly.
The pico de gallo can be served right then but is better after several hours in the refrigerator. – jug