- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 3 Ts Olive Oil
- 2 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 lb Russets potatoes sliced thin
- 1 t fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- To make the garlic oil:
- combine the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat until fragrant but the garlic is not brown.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them with a mandolin or by hand.
- Brush 8 muffin tins with the garlic oil using a pastry brush or paper towel.
- Layer a potato slice in the bottom of a muffin tin and brush it with a thin layer of garlic oil.
- Layer another slice of potato and brush it with the garlic oil.
- Repeat until it stacks up to the top of the muffin tin.
- An alternate method would be to put the slices in a large bowl and toss with the oil mixture until coated.
- Repeat until you have a total of 8 potato stacks.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the potato stacks with the fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake the potato stacks in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and cook through.
- Serve immediately with any main entrees.