The combination of onions and potatoes make a fantastic dish - jug
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 lb red potatoes very thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced to about 1/4
- 2 1/2 Ts Butter
- 12 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Ts Olive Oil
- 1/2 c grated gruyère
- 1/2 c crumbled feta
- 1 c grated mozzarella
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt the butter in a 9-10 inch ovenproof frying pan (cast iron is great) over medium heat.
- Add the thyme and onion and cook for 5 minutes don’t break up the onions when you stir.
- Place the potato, olive oil, cheeses, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Top the onion with the potato mixture in the frying pan
- put the whole thing in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain off and extra liquid about 3/4 of the way through to get a more crispy result
- Turn upside down to serve.