Hollandaise Sauce is one of the 5 basic “Mother Sauces” and is a must know, go to sauce. There are several different ways to make Hollandaise sauce and all are viable.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 4 Large Egg yolks
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 8 ts lemon juice
- 1/2 t Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 t Cayenne pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Ts white wine optional
Hollandaise Sauce is one of the 5 basic “Mother Sauces” and is a must know, go to sauce. There are several different ways to make Hollandaise sauce and all are viable. I use the microwave when time is short. This is the blender or food processor method, but you can use a stick blender too.
for Hollandaise Sauce
* Place the egg yolks in the food blender or food processor and season with salt and freshly milled black pepper and then blend thoroughly until the yolks lighten in color.
* Heat the lemon juice, Tabasco, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce and white wine vinegar in a small pan until it just simmers.
* Turn the blender on again and slowly add the hot liquid in a steady stream. Turn the blender off.
* Using the same pan, melt the butter over a gentle heat until it just starts to foam.
* Turn the blender on again and trickle in the melted butter, a little at a time.
* Turn the blender off and scrape the sides of the blender clean with a spatula before giving it one last blitz to incorporate everything.
Taste and adjust seasonings