We live in a world of shades of gray and we are taught that life is black and white, right or wrong, good and bad, legal or illegal. That’s not a question, it is a statement of fact. A paradox is a statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, some times referred to as circular reasoning.
Therefore we live in a paradoxical world, RIGHT! By it’s very definition, what is right is wrong and etc, etc, etc.
This blog is about health and how to achieve a higher level of healthy living. So I’ll get to the point. Mental health should be number one on that list. Without a healthy mental outlook on life, we have NOTHING.
What to do to improve
- Read more – Get back to basics. Pick up a book or a kindle or IPad. READ. Escape to another world, walk in other peoples moccasins. Read both fiction and no-fiction, hell even try writing your own book.
- Listen to more music– haven’t played a good album for a long time? Do it. Every mood and situation that ever existed has been put to music at some time or another. Music is mood elevating or can be a comfortable friend. My friend Beorn is very good at finding the right song for the right mood.
- Talk to friends– Call an old friend, reconnect on FaceBook with someone from your past. Friends are important, we’ve shared so much of our life and memories with them. Share a laugh or reveal an old secret. It can be cleansing.
- Get to know your family- Still have your mother or father. You are lucky. Ask them questions about their life. Explore your ancestry, learn where you came from. Sister, brother? Get to know them better. Find out about their hopes, dreams, goals, plans for the future. Help them if you can. Sometimes it helps just to be there for them. My family is really good at that. They have always been there for me.
- Stay clean and eat healthy food – Take a long cleansing bath or shower. Scrub your ass. Stay clean and eat something healthy that you’ve never had. How long are you going to wait to experience life. Don’t wait so long that you can’t physically do anything.
- If all else fails, exercise – If you don’t use it you lose it. Nothing could be more true. Exercise your mind first, then your legs, arms stomach and back, in that order.
Let me know if you’d like to talk about something – jughandle