The following is a list of foods by company that our readers have asked us to find information on. Our primary focus is on food additives not nutrition. A food will be listed as “Kid Safe” if it contains no food color additives or preservatives or any other additive deemed to be controversial or dangerous to growing children.
If a food does not include any additives even it nutritionally might not be great for your child you will see a Kid Safe sign.
If the food doesn’t have enough information or has some questionable additives it will be listed as Caution.
If the food contains even one additive that is bad for growing children we will list it as NO or Not Kid Safe
Food by Company
- Smartfood Kettle Corn flavored Popcorn – contains Natural flavors – Kid Safe – Caution
- Smartfood Movie Theater Butter flavored Popcorn- contains Natural flavors-Kid Safe – Caution
- Smartfood Recuced Fat White cheddar cheese flavored popcorn – contains natural flavors and potassium chloride–note 1 Kid Safe Caution
- Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese Flavored Popcorn – Contains di-sodium phosphate Kid Safe Caution
- Kix Sweetened Berry Berry Corn Cereal – contains Red 40 and Blue 1 colors plus natural flavors and HFCS – NOT Kid Safe avoid
- Honey Kix – contains carmel color, Natural flavors, and is high in sodium – NOT Kid Safe avoid
- Crispy Kix Cereal – scores high – does contain trisodium phosphate – Kid Safe – Yes
- Kix Crispy with calcium and Vitamin D – high score – Kid Safe – Yes
The Dannon Company
- Strawberry Yogurt snack – contains cultured pasteurized milk, Milk protein concentrate, Natural flavors, Hydrolyzed Casein and Chymosin, scores low 33 – avoid – NOT Kid Safe
- Strawberry/Banana/Raspberry Yogurt snack pak -contains cultured pasteurized milk, Milk protein concentrate, Natural flavors, Hydrolyzed Casein and Chymosin, scores low 33 – avoid – NOT Kid Safe
- Natural Plain Yogurt – scores high but is high in saturated fat. – Kid Safe -Yes
- New Items
- Breakfast Cereals
- Dressings & Oils
- BBQ & Condiments
- Special Diets