One of the all time great ways to start a day, or to end a long one.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 4 large eggs yolk only
- 1 c
- 8 ts lemon juice
- 1/2 t hot pepper sauce Tabasco
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 2 Ts
Place poached egg on thinly sliced disks of Canadian bacon over a toasted English muffin.
Cover with Hollandaise sauce
METHOD for Hollandaise Sauce
* Place the egg yolks in the food blender and season with salt and freshly milled black pepper and then blend thoroughly.
* Heat the lemon juice and white wine vinegar in a small pan until it just simmers.
* Turn the blender on again and slowly add the hot liquid in a steady stream. Turn the blender off.
* Using the same pan, melt the butter over a gentle heat until it just starts to foam.
* Turn the blender on again and trickle in the melted butter, a little at a time.
* Turn the blender off and scrape the sides of the blender clean with a spatula before giving it one last blitz to incorporate everything.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 58.9g
- Cholesterol: 533.8mg
- Sodium: 822.0mg
- Total Carbs: 29.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 22.8g