These are a little trouble because of the puff pastry, but worth it. - jughandle
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thaw and cut into 3 inch rounds
- 1 t Olive Oil plus a little to grease the muffin pan
- 1 lb Cremini mushrooms sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 ts fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 c grated Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place puff pastry rounds in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate while mushrooms cook.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft and browned, 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in thyme and remove skillet from heat.
- Lightly oil 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- Divide mushroom mixture and cheese among cups,
- then top each with a chilled pastry round.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown and puffed, about 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Run a small knife around cups to loosen tartlets.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet or large plate over pan and invert to release tartlets.
- Sprinkle with more thyme.
- Serve warm.
This recipe and picture is from Marthastewart.com – http://www.marthastewart.com/319487/upside-down-mushroom-tartlets