Russian dressing is really an American salad dressing made from mayonnaise, ketchup, onions, dill, and other ingredients. Russian dressing is similar to Thousand Island. Some store-bought versions leave out the mayonnaise and are clear rather than creamy, making them similar to French or Catalina
What You Will Need:
- 1 tablespoon white onion - chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise - Hellman's
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon pickle - chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill weed - fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Grind the onion into a paste. I use a mortar and pestle.
- In a small bowl combine onion paste, mayonnaise, ketchup, lime juice, horseradish, pickle, dill,Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.