Discussion of different cuisines from around the world. Their styles, methods, ingredients and techniques that make them different.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- 16 oz split peas dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups ham cubed fully cooked
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots julienned or chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried
- 32 Oz Chicken broth reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper black pepper to taste
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until peas are tender.