Any fan of blueberries that also craves sum’thung during the holiday season is going to love this Blueberry Crumb Top Pie Recipe. Don’t hold back, make two and thank me after the 1st. – Jughandle
Blueberry Crumb Top Pie
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter chilled and diced into cubes
- 1 Fail-Proof Pie Crust
- 3 pints blueberries 6 cups cups
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly-squeezed
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ recipe of crumb topping
- Jughandle's no fail crust – no need to blind bake the crust for this recipe
- Crumb Topping Directions
- In a bowl, mix the flour, light-brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon just until combined.
- With your hands, work butter pieces in the flour mixture until large clumps form.
- Divide mixture in half and freeze half the mixture in a plastic freezer bag. You only need half of the recipe for this pie.
Fill and Bake Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt. Pour the blueberry mixture into the pie crust and sprinkle with half a recipe of the Crumb Topping.
- Place the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet in the lower third of the oven. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and bake until crust browns and blueberries are bubbling, 90 minutes. If the crumb topping or crust is browning too quickly, tent with foil.
- Let cool 6 hours.