Starting to get into the healthy eating thing but just can’t quite kick the fried food habit. Try Avocado Fries.
What You Will Need:
- Canola oil - for frying
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt - more to taste
- 2 Large eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 C Panko breadcrumbs - Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 firm ripe avocados - cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Heat to 375° over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour and salt in a shallow plate.
- Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates.
- Dip avocado wedges in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip in egg, and then dredge in panko to coat.
- Fry avocado wedges, in batches, 30 to 60 seconds or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place on a baking sheet in a 200° oven to keep warm while frying remaining wedges.
- Sprinkle with additional salt to taste.