- Heat oven to 425 deg F
- Wrap beets tightly in foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour
- When the beets are cool remove the skin and chop
- Toss the bread pieces with 2 T olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper and toast until golden brown, about 6 minutes
- Whisk vinegar, orange juice and remaining 2 T of oil until combined
- Divide greens among serving plates.
- Top each serving with an avocado quarter and spoon 1/4 of the chopped beets over each avocado.
- Drizzle dressing over all. Garnish with orange zest and sunflower seeds
- Taste and adjust seasoning
Recipe – Avocado, Beet and Orange Salad
Feel free to substitute and leafy green for the spinach. Arugula would be great. I’d also add a few sliced scallions or chopped shallots and some cilantro leaves – jughandle