- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small sauce pan.
- Whisk in water and vinegar until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it boils.
- After it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (I simmer mine for 7.5 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat and leave uncovered for 1 minute.
- Then cover pan and let the mustard cool.
- Put mustard in a covered container and store refrigerated
Yellow Mustard Recipe – Store bought Clone
Yield: 1 cup
The Wondra flour is used to thicken the mixture. You probably could use all purpose flour if that’s all you had and you probably wouldn’t notice a difference in the taste. The Wondra won’t clump as easily as all-purpose flour, making it a more convenient thickening agent.