Darlene’s Broccoli Salad recipe is an adaptation of a Paula Deen recipe which originally had a cup of mayo instead of the yogurt. Her recipe had over 440 calories per serving. Darlene’s has only 305. It is also high in vitamin A and has over 126 % of your daily allowance of vitamin C.
Darlene often substitutes nuts like pecans or walnuts for the sunflowers seeds when they are hard to find. Feel free to sub other ingredients out as you like. np of mayo instead of the yogurt. Her recipe had over 440 calories per serving. This one has only 250. It is also high in vitamin A and has over 126 % of your daily allowance of vitamin C.
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb Broccoli Florets - cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 slices Bacon - cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Vidalia Onions - Or red onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower seeds
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese - diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar - or to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt - or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - or to taste
- Cut the washed broccoli florets into bite size pieces.
- Chop the Vidalia or red onion
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut the cheddar cheese in to 1/4-3/8" cubes
- Add the veggies to a bowl along with raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon.
- Mix yogurt, vinegar together with (put vinegar in 1 T at a time and check flavor), sugar, salt & pepper in separate bowl, mixing well.
- Pour over veggies and toss.
- Adjust seasonings
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.