- Peel and slice the carrots diagonally in about 1/2 inch lengths
- Blanch the sliced carrots for 2 minutes in a large pot of boiling water, then plunge into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Once the carrots are completely cooled, drain and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Using a dry skillet with no oil or butter, toast the cumin and caraway over high heat for about 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Watch carefully. Under cooking is better
- Grind into a fine powder using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder.
- Combine the cumin and caraway mixture with the paprika and cinnamon in a small bowl. I suggest starting with about 1/2 the cinnamon and taste or smell to adjust
- Add garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and honey.
- Whisk until blended, then pour over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Set aside to the flavors meld, about 20-30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle salad with handfuls of chopped mint and crumbled feta.
- Leave out the feta and its Vegan
Recipe – Moraccan Carrot Salad
This recipe comes from http://www.crumbblog.com/