Coach Bratton’s GoTo Banana Bread Recipe calls for walnuts. If you have a nut allergy for all means, leave them out.
Bill Bratton has been a friend of mine since the ’60’s in high school. He recently had a heart attack and is busy trying to improve his condition. Banana bread is a good, filling way to add fruit, nuts and whole wheat grain to your diet. – jughandle
Coach Bratton's GoTo Banana Bread Recipe
What You Will Need:
- 8 Tbsp Butter - one stick
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup Flour - All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Bananas - large bananas very ripe mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Cup walnuts - shelled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch bread pan
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour and add whole thing to creamed mixture.
- Fold in the bananas, vanilla and walnuts
- Pour mixture into greased pan
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove and finish cooling on rack.
- makes 1 loaf.