My friend Lee says he has a couple of LBs to lose from the holiday season and needs a recipe to help him on his way.
Usually a couple of holiday pounds is just bloat.
I believe that if Lee eats this detox soup twice a week for two weeks he will lose what he needs to and stay healthy as a bonus.
Full of protein, fiber and lots of anti-inflammatory ingredients.
The recipe is based on a recipe from eHow titled “Detox Crockpot Soup Recipe to Banish Belly Bloat” by Trisha Sprouse
Barrineau Detox Crockpot Soup Recipe
Things You'll Need
- 1 whole onion medium size diced
- 5 whole garlic cloves peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 5 whole carrots peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 C lentils
- 1 1/2 C cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 8 C vegetable broth
- 2 C baby kale or spinach
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 1/2 C Chopped parsley for garnish
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrots, lentils and cauliflower to the crock-pot. Stir in the turmeric, ginger, coriander, cumin, bay leaves, thyme and vegetable broth. Set the crock to high, and allow the soup to cook for 6 hours until the lentils are soft.
- After 6 hrs remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Use a potato masher, stick blender or the back of a ladle to mash up about half of the lentils in the crock-pot. This will thicken the soup.
- Add the baby kale or spinach to the crockpot and mix the greens into the soup until wilted. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- Full of protein, fiber and lots of anti-inflammatory ingredients, you'll be saying buh-bye to that belly bloat in no time.