This Guacamole Dip Recipe is flawless as it is, but where is the fun in that. Take the opportunity to create your own signature dip for friends and family to remember.
All you have to do is tweak a few ingredients, throw-in or take-out a spice or two. Make a nuclear version with ghost peppers. Mix the avocados with salsa for a great Tex-Mex version. Have fun, party on. – Jughandle
Guacamole Dip Recipe
What You Will Need:
- 4 Haas avocados - ripe
- 3/4 onion - Sweet or yellow onion finely diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes - diced
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro - chopped about a whole bunch
- 1 jalapeno pepper - clean of seeds and membrane then finely diced or use the whole thing if you like it spicy
- 1 clove garlic - pressed or minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice - the juice of 2 limes
- 1 dash Tabasco Sauce - or more to taste
- 1 dash worcestershire Sauce - or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- medium size mixing bowl
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, scoop out the pulp and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher and make it a chunky paste. Dippable.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold together.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Definitely use fresh limes rather than lime juice in a bottle. The flavor difference is more than worth the extra effort.
When I eat Mexican food out, I always order two things before I even look at the menu. Salsa with chips and Pico De Gallo.
If you look closely at this Guacamole recipe, it is basically Pico De Gallo with Avocados mixed together.
My point is that if you are like me and you are going to have Pico anyhow, then make a bigger batch and mix part of it with avocado for your Guacamole.
Click on one of the Pico De Gallo links for that recipe. No need to thank me now. – jughandle
For more great Mexican Food, check out my board on Pinterest.