I do have a health concoction in the morning because My Morning Smoothie recipe has a few key ingredients in it that I don’t seem to get otherwise. -Jughandle
What is My Morning Smoothie and why:
Rolled Oats are:
- A Source Of Antioxidants.
- Known To Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan.
- Believed To Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect Good Cholesterol From Damage.
Ground Flax Seeds are:
- High in Omega-3 Fats
- A Source of Lignans, Which May Reduce Cancer Risk
- High in Dietary Fiber
- Known To Improve Cholesterol
- Thought To Lower Blood Pressure
- Shown To Contain High-Quality Protein
- Believed To Help Control Blood Sugar
- Filling And Reduced Feelings of Hunger
- Be Low in Calories But High in Nutrients
- have the highest antioxidant capacity of all the popular fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce DNA Damage, Which May Help Protect Against Aging and Cancer
- Protect Cholesterol in Your Blood From Becoming Damaged
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Help Prevent Heart Disease
- Help Maintain Brain Function and Improve Memory
- Contain Anthocyanins Which Have Anti-Diabetes Effects
- Help Fight Urinary Tract Infections
- Reduce Muscle Damage After Strenuous Exercise
- Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds Such As curcumin. Curcumin Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound.
- Turmeric Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body. It blocks them directly, then stimulates your body’s own antioxidant defenses.
- Curcumin in Turmeric Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- Curcumin Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And maybe Even Treat) Cancer
- Curcumin May Be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplements
- Curcumin has shown some promise in treating depression.
- Curcumin May Help Delay Aging and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
Black Pepper :
- Contains Piperine which increases the absorption of Turmeric’s Curcumin by 2000%.
- is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Can Treat Many Forms of Nausea, Especially Morning Sickness
- May Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Effects That Can Help With Osteoarthritis
- May Lower Blood Sugars and Improve Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Can Help Treat Chronic Indigestion
- May Reduce Menstrual Pain a great deal
- Might Lower Cholesterol Levels
- Contains a Substance That May Help Prevent Cancer
- May Improve Brain Function and Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Can Help Fight Infections
- Coco Is One Of The Richest Sources Of Polyphenols Which Help With Reduced Inflammation, Better Blood Flow, Lower Blood Pressure and Improved Cholesterol Numbers and Blood Sugar Levels
- Has Antibacterial and Immune-Stimulating Properties That Benefit Your Teeth and Skin
- Contains Theobromine and Theophylline Which Help People With Asthma
- May Have Cancer-Protective Properties
- Intake Helps Control Weight
- Contains Flavonoids Which Improve Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
- Improves Mood and Symptoms Of Depression
- Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- Reduce High Blood Pressure by Improving Nitric Oxide Levels
- IMPORTANT Only buy Ceylon Cinnamon Which Is “Known As True Cinnamon”. Most Grocery Stores Carry The Cassia variety Which Can Be Harmful In Large Quantities Over Time. Get Ceylon Cinnamon At Health Food Stores Or On Amazon.
- May Cut the Risk of Heart Disease
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Is Loaded With Antioxidants
- May Help Fight the HIV Virus
- Helps Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Protects Against Cancer
- Has Beneficial Effects on Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- Can Improve Sensitivity to the Hormone Insulin
Almond milk :
- Low in Phosphorus, With a Moderate Amount of Potassium
- Dairy-Free And Vegan
- High In Vitamin E
- A Good Source of Calcium
- Low In Sugar
- Low In Calories
- High In Calcium
- One serving of Greek yogurt can have up to 21.3 percent of your daily value of B-12
- Contains A Protein That Can Repair Damage Done By Exercise
- Has A Much Higher Amount Of Protein Than Milk
- Is An Excellent Source Of Iodine Which Are Bodies Do Not Normally Store.
- One serving of Greek yogurt can have up to 6.8 percent of your daily potassium intake value. Potassium helps lower blood pressure and balance out the sodium levels in your body.
- Contains large quantities of Probiotics.
What You Will Need:
- 5 oz Almond Milk - or milk of choice
- 3 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt - or dairy-free yogurt of choice
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Flax seed - ground
- 4 Oz frozen mixed berries - blueberries,raspberries, blackberries etc - frozen unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric - ground
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger - ground
- 1 tsp coco powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon - ground
- high-powered blender
- Place the ingredients in a high-powered blender in the order listed: almond milk, spinach, yogurt, oats, berries, turmeric, ginger, and 2 teaspoons honey.
- Blend until smooth between each addition
- Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
- Enjoy immediately