Information about diets
Alright Fat Farmers, let’s get started living better by getting all the hoopla out of the way and start becoming more healthy today.
We’re going to start slowly by making only two changes;
- Promise to eliminate all processed food.
- Eliminate any food that has more than 3 ingredients
Nutrition Label Breakdown
The ingredients list shows these things:
- Serving: Tells you the number of ounces, grams, or milliliters in each serving, and the number of servings per container
- Calories: Shows the number of calories in one serving and how many of those calories come from fat.
- Highlighted Nutrients: Provides the amount of the nutrient in each serving, which includes fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber, sugar,and protein. Existing Percent DV’s can be found to the right of the nutrients in this section.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Shows what percentage of the recommended daily value of vitamins and minerals are in each serving.
- Daily Values: Explains the percentage of Recommended Daily Values each nutrient provides.
- Ingredient List: Appears below the Nutrition Facts Panel and lists all ingredients in the product in order by weight, with the heaviest ingredients coming first. Ingredients are what supply the nutrients and provide other product attributes such as texture, etc.
It Really shouldn’t be that hard. How important is your health anyway?
Now, if you are really serious you aren’t going to look back. Go to the pantry and either finish off (“waist” not, want not) or throw it all away. Yes ALL of the snack food you have lingering there (potato chips, crackers, chocolate bars, candy etc, etc).
Do It !
We are going to have 3 or even 4 meals per day and at least 2 snacks in between.
You won’t starve, trust me.
Start the day by having eggs and bacon or sausage. Protein will fill you up and stick with you. No toast today. Orange or tomato juice or water and or coffee or tea.
Eat at Subway if you have one near by. Have one of their salads or even a sandwich on wholewheat. Get one of the ones rated around 500 calories.
Drink water, not soda, especially not diet anything.
If you are hungry in between meals have an apple, tomato, celery, or even a pickle.
No carbs for snacks!
What we are shooting for is protein in the morning that will stick to your ribs and not turn to sugar quickly. This should easily hold you until lunch if you don’t put sugar in your coffee.
A nice hardy lunch will maintain your energy until dinner. If you are tired and hungry eat some fruit in between.
Can you see, this really isn’t that hard, you just have to want to. We will get more adventurous in the near future. Start simple, don’t cheat, please.
If you find yourself cheating a lot, you really need more help than I can give you.
Either give up and stay fat, cheating your family out of having you around in the future, or get professional consulting.
Let me also explain that our goal is NOT to lose weight, but to be HEALTHY. The weight loss will follow.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think. You can have it with a simple salad and home made dressing or oil and vinegar (better yet, lemon and a little olive oil). Drink water or the wine you cook with. Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed.
Baked Chicken and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 lb (453.59 g) chicken breasts boneless, cut into 4 oz portions
- 1 oz (28.35 g) olive oil
- 1 whole (1 whole) onion A medium yellow or white sliced thin
- 1/2 c (55 g) sun dried tomatoes chopped, (not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup (60 g) white wine
- 3/4 cup (180 g) chicken stock home made if you've got it, low sodium if you don't
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Dry the chicken.
- Place an ovenproof skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the oil to the skillet when it gets warm.
- When the oil is hot, add half the onions to the pan and place the chicken in the pan with the onions.
- Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes or until it will release itself easily from the pan, then flip to cook the other side.
- Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir the onions to keep from burning.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Place remaining onions and tomatoes over the caramelized onions in pan.
- Allow the onions and tomatoes to sweat in the pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add wine to deglaze the pan.
- With a spoon stir the pan to remove the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- This deglazing technique will remove the flavor stuck to the bottom of the pan and release it to the vegetables.
- Put the chicken back into the skillet.
- Add stock just until the liquid level reaches halfway up the sides of the chicken.
- Season with oregano and pepper to taste.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and place in oven.
- Bake 30 minutes.
No ice cream tonight. Promise! – jughandle