Roasted potato stacks with crisp baked cheese are the perfect comfort food. These little treats are easy to make and can be served with anything you’d normally have potatoes with, only fancier.
Roasted Potato Stacks Recipe
Simple easy to make or make ahead and pop in the oven recipe. Sometimes you just need comfort food.
Servings 12 servings
What You Will Need:
- 2 lbs red potatoes - Yukon gold or Russet works well too
- 4 cloves garlic - sliced or crushed
- 1 tsp kosher salt - more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - more or less to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning - Sprinkle on top before roasting
- 3 Tbsps olive oil - or butter
- 1 Cup Cheese - any kind will work, grated.
- Mandolin, large mixing bowl, muffin tin, pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F
To make the garlic oil:
- combine the olive oil and crushed garlic cloves in a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat until fragrant but the garlic is not brown.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool down a bit.
For the Stacks:
- Use any type of potato that you like, some people even like sweet potatoes, but it is easier if you select potatoes roughly the size of the muffin tin.
- Clean and Peel the potatoes or use them with skin on. Slice potatoes as thin as possible by hand or with a mandolin.
- Brush or spray a 12 hole muffin tin with the garlic oil or baking spray using a pastry brush, spray can or paper towel.
- The easiest way to arrange the slices would be to put the slices in a large bowl and toss with the oil mixture until coated.
- Mix in grated cheese. Then start stacking the slices in the muffin tins.
- You can be as fancy as you want to be. Some people arrange them like rose petals. Some just jam them into the tin. It all eats the same.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the potato stacks with the fresh thyme leaves.
- Roast the potato stacks in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through. The thicker your slices the longer they will take to cook.
- Serve immediately with any main entrees.
Get creative, change up your seasonings and try different potato types.
Roasted Potato Stacks Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 Stack)
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Vitamin A 100IU2%
Vitamin C 7mg8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Ha! Definitely not a taboo subject, and I’m giving these taters a try tonight. They are in the oven. How can they not be good? Your picture alone makes my mouth water.
P.S. Don’t you love those cryptic comments? They always brighten my day. I hope my made more sense, but maybe not!
I believe this is among the such a lot vital info for me. And i’m satisfied reading your article. However should statement on some basic things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Just right process, cheers
I don’t find a record of you having made a comment before on this blog post. If you are still having problems please contact me with the specific post at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d be interested in this spreadsheet if it is still available. Couldn’t find a way to email you directly though. Thanks for your help.
I’m not really sure what you mean by “spreadsheet” but my email address is email@example.com
you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?
Sure, send me your url and let me check it out. Just let me know how and what you’d like to talk about- jughandle
Hi webmaster This is by far the best looking site I’ve seen. It was completely easy to navigate and it was easy to look for the information I needed. Fantastic layout and great content! Every site should have that. Awesome job
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
My theme is a premium theme, but there are 100’s if not thousands of free WordPress themes to choose from that would allow you to start blogging with in minutes. Go to wordpress.com or wordpress.org and read the tutorials – good luck – jughandle
Excellent and unique recipe. I’m going to layer in some parmesan cheese and I think I would like to try this with zucchini or sweet potatoes layered with brown sugar! Great idea and thank you for sharing.