Great starter or appetizer course. Nice heavy snack for cocktail hour. – jughandle
Sesame Chicken with Honey Dijon Sauce
Original Sesame Chicken with Honey Dijon Sauce recipe modified from: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. This is a recipe for your whole family. It is healthier than fried because it is baked in the oven. The crunch of the crust is addicting and the Sesame seeds make the dish distinctive and memorable.
Sesame Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
What You Will Need:
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts - 2 large skinless, boneless and cut into strips
- .5 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp dry minced onions
- 1 Cups Seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F.
For the chicken:
- In a medium-size bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, dry mustard, and onion; mix to blend will.
- Add chicken and put into a large plastic bag to coat and marinate.
- In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs and sesame seeds to mix.
- Roll chicken strips in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisped.
- If the strips have not browned enough turn the oven to broil and cook another 10 minutes or until brown.
For the Dipping Sauce:
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 3/4 cup mayonnaise with honey and Dijon mustard.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with chicken