Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers
Just found this amazing idea on Delish.com, Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers. If you are like me and love Philly Cheese Steaks and also love stuffed Bell Peppers, this recipe is the best of both worlds. The provolone cheese is gooey and delicious. You could make this with any protein out there. I’m going to try ground beef, strip steak, sliced beef and/or pork loin. That should hold me for a while. – jughandle
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers
What You Will Need:
- 4 bell peppers - halved
- 1 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 onion - large sliced
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms - sliced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt - more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - freshly ground, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak - thinly sliced, tenderloin, skirt steak or pork loin will also work nicely
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning - thyme, oregano, parsley, marjoram
- 16 slices provolone - roughly 1 lb
- 4 Tbsps Freshly chopped parsley - for garnish
- Baking dish
- frying pan
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add steak and season with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add provolone to bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil until golden, 3 minutes to color and melt cheese.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.