Of the thousands of food blogs written, these are a dozen of the 50 or so I follow on a daily or weekly basis. In no particular order of importance to me, My Favorite Food Blogs:
1. The Homesick Texan http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/ – Great recipes, well written stories, with good pictures. Not all healthy food, but more like what we all want.
2. The Stonesoup – delicious, healthy meals in minutes – http://thestonesoup.com/blog/ Very nice design. Easy to navigate. Great recipes with fantastic pictures.
3. Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook – Finding the forgotten feast – http://honest-food.net/ – Nicely designed, different point of view. Great wild game recipes. Even vegetarian recipes.
4. [No Recipes] – make good dishes better – http://norecipes.com/ – Beautiful, large, close-up pictures. Yes, they have recipes, great ones that are easy to find and categorized by type of cuisine.
5. david lebovitz – living the sweet life in Paris – http://www.davidlebovitz.com/ – My current favorite design layout for a food blog. Great pictures with nice, if not always complete, recipes and amazing photographs of David’s life in Paris and his travels.
6. Deliciously Organic – Simple Dishes, Vibrant Flavors Everyone Will Love –http://deliciouslyorganic.net/ – Great design, pictures and of course, organic recipes.
7. Cooking For Engineers – Have an analytical mind? Like to cook? This is the site to read! – http://www.cookingforengineers.com/ – The design is what you’d expect from an engineer, but the recipes are very well explained with good pictures and great descriptions. Good stories and explanations of techniques like sous vide and equipment.
8. The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Plowing through life in the country….one calf nut at a time. – http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ – The pioneer woman not only cooks, she confesses, photographs, gardens, homeschools and entertains. She freak’n does everything – I hate her. Actually I’m jealous of her. I don’t read everything she writes, God only knows how she has the time to do everything, then write about it. Her pictures are the best. She has great stories with very complete recipes and interesting topics. I don’t want to look at her picture. I’m happy with the image I have of her in my head. A blue suit and red cape with a yellow/red S on the chest.
9. foodgawker – http://foodgawker.com/ – Not so much a blog as a photo gallery of great recipe pictures and links to their site on the web. Great place to just Gawk or browse food beautiful food.
10. Smitten Kitchen – Fearless cooking from a tiny kitchen in New York City. – http://smittenkitchen.com/ – Nicely designed with great pictures of health innovative food. Think food outside the box.
11. Zoe Bakes – eat dessert first – http://zoebakes.com/ – Nothing but baking recipes. Great recipes with lots and lots of great pictures on how to do it. Nice blog.
12. Big Red Kitchen – a regular gathering of distinguished guests – http://www.bigredkitchen.com/ – Simple, to the point, great recipes with beautiful food pictures that will make your mouth water. Unusual, across the board, recipe ideas to liven up your menu.
There are many, many more great food blogs out there. If you find one you like please let me know – jughandle
[…] searchindex="Kitchen" trackingid="wedipit-20" sort="none" templatename="default" paging="true"]Campground Cooking Ideas for Campground Cooking Many people enjoy camping for the simple fact that i…ovides a means to escape the sometimes over whelming lifestyles they lead. Time to relax and enjoy […]