Great starter or appetizer course. Nice heavy snack for cocktail hour. – jughandle
Original recipe modified from: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken
Sesame Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
For the Chicken:
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts 2 large skinless, boneless and cut into strips
- .5 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp dry minced onions
- 1 Cups Seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup sesame seeds
For the digging sauce:
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F.
For the chicken:
- In a medium-size bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise, dry mustard, and onion; mix to blend will.
- Add chicken and put into a large plastic bag to coat and marinate.
- In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs and sesame seeds to mix.
- Roll chicken strips in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisped.
- If the strips have not browned enough turn the oven to broil and cook another 10 minutes or until brown.
For the Dipping Sauce:
- Meanwhile, blend remaining 3/4 cup mayonnaise with honey and Dijon mustard.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with chicken