Most Tomato Based Salsa Recipe include ingredients such as onions, chiles, an acid and herbs. Therefore, Salsa is typically piquant, ranging from mild to extremely hot. Though many different sauce preparations are called salsa in Spanish, in English it generally refers to raw or near-raw sauces used as dips. – Wikipedia.This EASY Mexican-style salsa recipe that tastes even better than what you’d enjoy at a restaurant. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive and it only takes a few minutes.utes to make!
Tomato Based Salsa
What You Will Need:
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes - drained or 5 fresh ripe roma tomatoes
- 20 oz Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles - 2 cans juice and all
- 1/2 cup cilantro - fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup onion - Chopped. I use Vidalia onions but any onion would work
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice - or the juice from 2 large lime
- 1 clove garlic - pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt - or more, to taste
- jalapeño pepper - fresh, diced, de-seed for a milder heat
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until no large chunks remain.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed, to taste.
- For best flavor, refrigerate salsa for at least 1-2 hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- This recipe makes a little less than 6 cups of salsa. A typical serving would probably be 1/2 cup.